Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Vision!

I'm really excited about this blog, first and foremost because women's rights and women's equal treatment is something that I'm very passionate about. I'm ignited with ambition in light of recent political comments and public stances that have caused such an uproar in our society by and large. 

What is a woman's right? I believe that it is a woman's right to dictate what is and is not acceptable in terms of her body. A recent interview by a somewhat prominent running republican senate member is that of "legitimate rape." What is legitimate rape? If I, as a woman, have the Divine right to decide what is and is not for my body, wouldn't legitimate rape be considered ANY sexual act that is undesired? Isn't this the text book definition of rape?

I know...this is a very touchy subject and I'm choosing to begin my new blog with a controversial topic. Eleanor Roosevelt said, "A well behaved woman will seldom make history." Well, if that's the case Ms. Roosevelt, I intend to be anything but well behave, and in saying such, I do tend to speak my mind about things. Even, albeit, if they are sensitive. On a slightly contrasting note though, I do believe that these things can be talked about with dignity and tact.

My "vision," if you will, for my Miss Informed blog and facebook group is to shed light to the huge amount of hypocrisy in America as viewed from a platform of a female, in regards to female's public issues. IE; health care, voter reform, equal pay, corporate glass ceilings, sexual harassment, assault, and rape, as well as a myriad of many other issues.

I know that by doing this I will face a lot of nay-sayers, I'm okay with that. I respect and value every one's God given, and civil right to their own thoughts, actions, and words. 
I'm designing this group as an outlet, an outlet for me to discuss things that are important and relevant to me. As a member of Generation Y, I am the next in line to shape this country. I am ready to do that. 

It is my hope that others who have the same, or even differing opinions as me will step up and help me with my full on assault against to disparity the riddles our nation. The difference between men and women should merely be no more than a question of anatomical arrangement. I hope you enjoy my musings.
Facebook group, "Miss Informed"
Step Up Women's Network

No comments:

Post a Comment